The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) companies are the business arm of the Seneca Nation of Indians. SNG consists of a parent company, Seneca Holdings, LLC, and several subsidiary small businesses that participate in the SBA 8(a) program. SNG is dedicated to providing high-quality professional services to our government and private sector clients.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
SNG has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Director of Corporate Development of Seneca Holdings and be responsible for office management, Management Committee coordination, and other administrative duties. Periodic travel to Seneca Holdings’ Williamsville office will be required.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule and coordinate on-site meetings for Management Committee members and Subcommittee Members, including material preparation, minutes management, and ordering meals
- Performs receptionist duties
- Opens and distributes mail
- Deposits checks as needed
- Orders offices supplies for corporate headquarters
- Assists corporate staff in the preparation of on-site meetings with Seneca Nation officials, Seneca Nation Council submissions and scheduling, and other interactions and correspondence with Seneca Nation staff
- May perform other duties as required
- Familiar with a variety of software programs in performance of the necessary functions of the position, including Microsoft Office Suite and scheduling software
- Ability to attend daily, weekly, monthly meetings in Erie and Cattaraugus counties
- Ability to work remotely with access to internet
- Willingness to work independently
- Must be able to sit for long periods with intermittent periods of walking, bending.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy:
SNG has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, SNG recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely-held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the SNG Human Resources department. SNG will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: