|Title:||HR Specialist (Staffing/Recruiting)|
|Location:||Falls Church, VA|
|Company:||Seneca Global Services, LLC|
|Security Level:||Public Trust|
Seneca Global Services is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, HUBZone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Global Services is looking to hire an HR Specialist (Staffing/Recruiting) to support our government client in Falls Church, VA. This position requires a Public Trust clearance.
The HR Specialist (Staffing/Recruiting) will support the following HR functional areas: HR Operations – Staffing, Recruitment, Retention, Compensation, Pay-Setting, Placement and Classification; Employee and Labor Relations, Workforce and Succession Planning, HR Policy and Strategic Operations, HR Performance Management and Evaluations, HR Awards and Recognition, HR Automation and Information Systems Support (HRISP).
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide task and operational support to federal civilian HR staffing, classification and related personnel actions under operating federal civilian HR systems, including, but not limited to:
- Developing job opportunity announcements.
- Reviewing and classifying position descriptions in accordance with federal and OPM classification standards.
- Developing compensation recommendations.
- Support staffing and compensation tasks.
- Conduct analyses, training, onboarding/out processing, consultative services, and process improvements.
- Initiate security requests.
- Provide written justification for pay setting and classification products.
- Write job announcements.
- Review certificates of eligibility for accuracy and adherence to procedures.
- Develop staffing requirements sufficient to recommend to managers and take the appropriate course to follow in the staffing process, such as outside recruitment, merit promotion, and reassignments.
- Initiate request for personnel action (RPA) and completes all follow-up action(s), including job analysis, identifying best qualified applicants, and processing candidates for support positions as appropriate.
- Ensure that management packages for personnel actions are in accordance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Provide advice and guidance to HR managers and supervisors on various stages of the hiring process.
- Experience with DCPDS, USA Staffing, Auto NOA, and other HR systems
- Experience supporting a human resources organization in the federal government is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy:
SNG has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, SNG recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the SNG Human Resources department. SNG will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: