|Location:||San Diego, CA|
The Editor will provide support to the Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program (DHAPP) located at Naval Base Point Loma, San Diego CA. DHAPP is a dynamic global HIV/AIDS program working to curb HIV/AIDS in the militaries of foreign countries. The Editor will assist all members of the DHA DHAPP team in the writing and preparation of scientific materials to include assisting with the development and formatting of documents that describe current efforts, past performance, capabilities, and materials that articulate concepts for new efforts.
- Participate in weekly calls with program representatives
- Consult on document formatting for publication
- Edit documents and recommend changes for product improvement
- Maintain editing guidelines and product lists
- Incorporate feedback comments, both written and verbal, into the draft documents. There may be multiple rounds of feedback.
- All documents created in Microsoft word or suite
- Track all documents/products, status and timelines
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English or related field
- Experience editing medical articles for publication helpful
- Familiarity with APA style desired
- This position is remote work 10-20 hours per week.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English or related field.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft suite products, especially word and pdf
- Experience editing medical articles for publication desired.
- Familiarity with APA style desired.
- Experience editing and formatting in different languages.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.