|Title:||Senior Training Specialist|
|Company:||Seneca Global Services, LLC|
|Security Level:||Public Trust|
Seneca Global Solutions, LLC is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally-owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, Hubzone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Global Services is looking to hire a Senior Training Specialist to support the USCG in Hampton, VA. This position requires a Public Trust clearance and may require over 50% CONUS travel. This position requires experience using and providing training in Military Health System GENESIS (MHS GENESIS), Cerner, or other Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems. Applicants without MHS GENESIS, Cerner, or other EHR user and trainer experience WILL NOT be considered for this position.
As part of Seneca Global Services' support to the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Military Health System (MHS) GENESIS Sustainment Training Support contract, the Senior Training Specialist will provide MHS GENESIS training support services:
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans, curricula, and methodology
- Prepare instructional aids and plans and determining training objectives and goals
- Formulate training outlines and determine instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such individual methods as individual training, group instruction, over the shoulder support, and virtual training
- Evaluate effectiveness of training and development programs and utilize relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods
- Coordinate or perform administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs
- Provide formal and informal implementation guidance, integration, and change management support tasks (on the job training, formal and informal classroom, and over the shoulder training) in a dynamic and interpersonal setting to support functional users (medical and dental providers) requiring assistance in implementing, using, and integrating MHS GENESIS into the military medical clinical business process
- Maintain an appropriate degree of knowledge, skill, and ability to provide functional support and perform system status checks as needed during system trouble ticket resolution
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in supporting computer information systems training, tools, software installs, and upgrades; preparing classrooms, facilities, and necessary equipment for classes; delivering classroom instructor led, one on one, and structured on the job training.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English and English medical terminology
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- The ability to work professionally and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a diverse community
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and maintain training materials, support materials, quick-reference guides, and job-aids related to MHS GENESIS (or experience developing these materials for other Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy:
SNG has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, SNG recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely-held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the SNG Human Resources department. SNG will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate.