|Title:||IT Systems Specialist|
|Company:||Executive Protection Systems, LLC|
|Security Level:||Public Trust|
Summary: The Computer Systems/IT Specialist will support our client in their assessment of security systems in accordance with NIST standards. This person will support the Cybersecurity Assessment team, which is responsible for implementing the organization’s information technology system security assessment and authorization (A&A) activities. Information technology A&A entails a comprehensive assessment of the management, operational, privacy, and technical security controls inherent in an IT system.
- Provide expert level support for the implementation of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Compose security assessment and authorization (A&A) packages and ensure their completeness and consistency with approved templates, writing standards, and the Style Guide.
- Draft and/or update the system security plan or equivalent documentation to accurately depict the IT system accreditation boundary, ensure the information is up to date and includes a concise description of the information system, confirms security category, identifies potential threats, and ensures security controls are adequately described.
- Organize and maintain the electronic libraries of all policy and task associated documentation, and deliverables.
- Develop and follow C&A schedules, assessing the Information Assurance (IA) risk of systems, ensuring IT documents are compliant with security policies and procedures.
- Monitor systems and perform vulnerability scans on an ongoing basis compliant with the monitoring strategy to determine impact to the security posture of the information system.
- Design, develop and implement solutions to security requirements; including protection of systems by defining access privileges, control structures and resources.
- Implement security improvements by assessing current situations; evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Collaborate with the Government’s PMO, Change Control Board, and other stakeholders on a regular basis.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Active public Trust clearance.
- Applicants must be a US citizen.
- At least 5 years’ experience accomplishing risk management objectives using the NIST Risk Management Framework.
- CISSP certification.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements.