|Title:||Arabic Language Senior Analyst|
|Security Level:||Top Secret|
RavenTek Solutions is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally-owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, Hubzone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
RavenTek Solutions is looking to hire an experienced Arabic Language Senior Analyst (Persian Online Business Analyst) to support the Bureau of Near East Affairs of the Department of State in Washington, DC. This position requires a Top Secret clearance.
Title: Arabic Language Senior Analyst
Rate: GS 13-5 (Approximately)
Location: Washington, DC
Schedule: Full-time, M-F, 8:15 AM to 5:00 PM, with a 45-minute meal break
Travel: May be required
Clearance Level: Active Top Secret Clearance (DoD preferred)
The Arabic Language Senior Analyst (Persian Online Business Analyst) oversees the primary USG Persian language (Farsi) online and social media outreach to Iranian audiences both to support current U.S. policy and message Iranian civil society.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Demonstrate and maintain familiarity with USG policy on designated issues, including the conflict in Syria and U.S. efforts to counter the Islamic State, and be able to draw upon publicly available, cleared USG information resources and the vast resources of quality information about the United States available online.
- Conduct a weekly editorial board meeting with NEA/PPD and NEAILEV staff to plan, develop, and finalize online content including tweets, articles of policy importance, webchats and interviews, videos, and Facebook polls and entries. The analysts will, in essence, "manage" our online engagement to Syrians drawing from the widest possible array of U.S. content.
- Advise posts on maintaining and updating websites and social media platforms, including suspended missions', to ensure they feature current and important information and are consistent with NEA messaging priorities.
- Monitor online discussion forums, blogs/video-logs and other electronic media, and ensure that U.S. opinions and policies are accurately represented.
- Alert designated State Department officers to issues warranting attention and possible response. Analyze situations and recommend potential responses or engagement that will maximize U.S. national security interests.
- Draft proposed responses and other messages in Arabic and translate these responses into English for review by senior NENPPD and NEA/LEV staff. Post and monitor these responses on as many platforms as required once cleared.
- On behalf of NEA bureau, manage and direct the production and electronic dissemination of multimedia materials from other bureaus, including liP, ECA, DRL, OES, PRM, and others.
- Regularly report to NENPPD statistics on use of Embassy Damascus social media sites, main topics of discussion on Arabic/Syrian websites, and top sites used by Syrians on the web.
- The Arabic language senior analyst will be a Master's Degree holder from an accredited university.
- Minimum five years' experience working directly with the U.S. government on Middle East media and strategic communications.
- Deep knowledge of Syrian and Iraqi political environments and U.S. policy toward those countries is required.
- Expert knowledge of Arabic-language and English-language online media and social networking platforms and professional experience in software engineering, con tent creation, and website and social media management is required.
- This position requires native Arabic language capability, particularly in writing, which would allow an analyst to understand and communicate in the current online environment, and fluency in English.
- Experience living in the region would be highly beneficial. Experience working with foreign visitors and delegations is important, particularly facilitating foreign visitor programs.
- Skilled in promoting brands to target markets via media is highly important.
- Previous work monitoring and reporting on foreign media is desirable. The position requires excellent judgement and the ability to work independently.
- Must have expertise in the Arabic-language online environment and in-depth knowledge of Arab/Syrian and Iraqi culture and history
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy:
SNG has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, SNG recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely-held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the SNG Human Resources department. SNG will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate.