|Title:||Tier 1 Help Desk Technician|
|Location:||Washington, DC Navy Yard|
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) companies are the business arm of the Seneca Nation of Indians. SNG consists of a parent company, Seneca Holdings, LLC, and several subsidiary small businesses. SNG is dedicated to providing high-quality professional services to our government and private sector clients.
SNG is looking for a Help Desk Support Analyst to join our team supporting a customer at the Washington Navy Yard. In this position, you will be responsible for providing customer support to distributed PC/networking environments including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals.
The Help Desk positions have staggered 8 hour shifts to fully support a service window of 0630 to 1700 EST Monday through Friday with the exception of Federal Government holidays.
Title: Help Desk Support Analyst (Tier 1)
Location: Washington, DC Navy Yard
Schedule: Full Time
Clearance: Active SECRET clearance required to be eligible for consideration
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages.
- Prioritize customer's requests, follow-up, and track through to resolution.
- Perform software installation and configurations.
- Install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs.
- Provide deskside support for equipment on the secure SIPRNet and coordinate with the network administrators.
- Troubleshoot computer problems, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinate needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
- Maintain proper and accurate documentation of issues and customer communication within ticketing software.
- Communicate issue trends with senior staff as soon as identified.
- Monitor voice-mail for calls received outside normal hours of operation, adding any request to the Help Desk Call Tracking Database system.
- Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) years of Help Desk Analyst or equivalent experience OR Associate’s Degree and five (5) years of Help Desk Analyst or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of a SECRET level Security clearance.
- Must have demonstrated strength in managing customer expectations, task prioritization, and daily interface with customers.
IT Certification Requirements:
- CompTIA A+, Network+ or Security+
- Specific experience in Department of Defense environments.
- Experience supporting SIPRNet.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Able to handle multiple assignments under extreme time constraints and high stress conditions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills for working within a team environment.
- Must have strong work ethic, sense of urgency and a high energy level.
- Self-starter: bias for action, results oriented.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Computer skills with proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to work with a diversified work force.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.