|Title:||Technical Support Specialist|
|Company:||Executive Protection Systems, LLC|
The successful candidate will provide information technology support, development, maintenance and technical competency in all aspects of information management systems related to the functions of the Personnel Security Section (ISR) and make recommended changes based on research and developments in the field of information technology (IT).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze data extracted from queried reports for staff tasking or correction.
- Perform database administration for the DOJ Justice Security Tracking Adjudication Record System.
- Serve as a backup to ISR’s systems administrator and liaison for OPM's eQIP system.
- Serve as liaison between ISR and the DEA Office of Information Systems in preparing design and implementation plans for new or revised systems.
- Responsible for portal administration, user community coordination, content channel development, and third party application integration.
- Maintain ISR’s page on DEA’s internal website.
- Maintain inventory of ISR hardware and software.
- Conduct quality review of information maintained within ISR electronic library.
- Train staff on use of various computer systems and programs.
- Attend and participate in professional working group meetings and conferences on behalf of ISR.
- Coordinate the expansion or modification of systems to serve new purposes or to improve work flow.
- Define the goals of database systems
- Devise flow charts and diagrams describing logical operational steps of programs.
- Ensure all user requirements are incorporated into system upgrades and new systems.
- Monitor the execution of testing and implementation plans.
- Conduct post-implementation evaluation of systems to determine performance, adequacy, and possible problems.
- Assist in development of operational policies, plans and procedures for IT systems processing multiple apps.
- Assist staff and users in solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Exercise discretion to evaluate and solve complex operational and technical problems in the administration of specialized programs.
- Review and analyze data queried from security systems and make recommended corrections.
- Design and develop unique or standardized reports that may be required to supplement existing systems.
- Populate and maintain databases and generate reports on demand.
- Collect relevant information from many sources, some of which are difficult to access.
- Make authoritative recommendations.
- Assist in the development/management of automated interfaces and communication links between ISR and other DEA offices and external agency systems to improve the efficiency of ISR programs.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in programming or systems analysis experience. Must have a working knowledge of relational databases and client-server concepts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Applicants must be a US citizen.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.