Seneca Holdings is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, HUBZone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Holdings has an immediate need for a Contracts Administrator to join our growing legal department to support our corporate team
The Contracts Administrator will be responsible for assisting the Director, Legal and Compliance to ensure that Seneca Nation Group (SNG) contracting and subcontracting processes are compliant with federal procurement laws and regulations and supportive to efficient and profitable business performance.
The Contracts Administrator works independently and provides contractual and procurement support to SNG program managers, business development personnel, department heads and other corporate staff.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Contracts Administrator must have a sufficient contractual knowledge base to work independently and be responsible for managing or assisting with federal government and commercial contracts, subcontracts and other related documents (e.g., non-disclosure agreements, MOUs, ATPs, and teaming agreements). The Contracts Administrator provides support from pre-award through post-award contract management and ensures appropriate documentation is entered into the SNG record-keeping system in a timely manner.
- Negotiate and manage SNG’s contracting efforts with end clients and third parties, which may include:
- U.S. federal government
- Government contractors
- Commercial, non-profit, or university partners
- Serve as subject matter expert for pre-award through post-award contract administration.
- Work with program managers to identify and manage contract terms from proposal stage to project close-out, including timely submittal of required contract reports (e.g., limitation of funds, deliverable tracking, IP reports, and government property, as applicable).
- Assist technical teams in negotiations, contract management, and subcontracting.
- Review solicitations (RFPs/RFIs) to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor invoices, when required.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and best practices.
- Assist SNG corporate compliance in managing SAM.gov and 8(a) compliance for SNG companies.
- Stay current on the changing landscape of government laws and regulations as they relate to government contractors in order alert management in a timely manner of possible business impact.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Degree in business administration, project management, or a related field is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in government contract and subcontract management. Experience should include some exposure to NDAs, teaming agreements, ATPs, and safeguarding of intellectual property.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat. Ability to review and permanently redact PDF documents.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to build collegial relationships with colleagues and client representatives.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail in a highly dynamic work environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and associated Supplements is a must.
- Ability to create a subcontracting plan in accordance with government requirements.
- Familiarity with DCAA requirements for an approved purchasing system.
- A thorough understanding of different contract types (i.e., FFP, T&M, LOE, CR, etc.)
- Experience with Costpoint and Microsoft SharePoint preferred
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy:
SNG has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, SNG recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the SNG Human Resources department. SNG will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: