|Company:||Seneca Global Services, LLC|
Seneca Global Services is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally-owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, Hubzone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Global Services is looking to hire a Technical Editor to support our Army client in Orlando, FL. This position requires a Secret clearance. The technical editor will provide substantive edits of Acquisition program documents in a fast-paced environment. In addition to correcting for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and usage, the technical editor will review and amend products for clarity, conciseness, consistency, substance, logic, classification, sourcing, format, and conformance with Army standards. The technical editor will provide editorial support for other written work, such as correspondence, as needed. Work can be performed anywhere in the continental United States, presuming the candidate commits to working East Coast core business hours.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Edit Acquisition-related and other documentation.
- Ensure edits are complete and deadlines are met.
- Assist in verifying facts and content.
- Format documents and verify classification markings and sources.
- Apply knowledge of DoD standards and policies. Experience with Army writing style and style guides is preferred, but not required.
- Provide editorial advice and guidance regarding DoD standards and policies.
- Exercise excellent interpersonal skills in meeting face-to-face with authors, senior reviewers, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, or related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Formal experience editing short to several hundred page technical or analytical documents.
- Impeccable editing skills, including knowledge of copyediting and highly developed grammar and writing skills.
- Capable of multitasking, prioritizing, and rapidly adapting to changing organizational requirements while producing error-free material under tight deadlines.
- Experience in quality control, problem identification and analysis, initiative, and creativity in problem solving.
- Experience communicating and dealing diplomatically with senior leaders and experience working independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build rapport with others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe products.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team player who is a flexible, self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Attends to details in deliverable production, customer interaction and action tracking
- Can consult with others in an effective and polite manner
- Assumes ownership and responsibility for assigned actions and/or tasks
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.