|Title:||Personnel Adjudication Specialist II|
|Company:||Executive Protection Systems, LLC|
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Process background investigations utilizing the Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (eQIP); and upload security documents to the respective profiles in JSTARS.
* Use the OPM PIPS/CVS system to verify background investigations and suitability and security clearance adjudicative decisions.
* Review background investigation reports and conduct quality assessments to determine the adequacy and completeness of closed investigations.
* Write emails and letters that communicate clear, logical thoughts and are free of grammatical errors to request additional information to resolve suitability and security issues in background investigations.
* Perform adjudication of background investigations for suitability and security in accordance with 5 CFR 731, SEAD 4, and EO 12968.
* Review investigations and formulate an informed adjudicative recommendation regarding an individual's suitability for federal employment and/or eligibility to hold a security clearance in accordance with 5 CFR 731, SEAD 4, and EO 12968.
* Make recommendations to the personnel security staff for Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 approvals.
* Evaluate the authenticity, veracity and pertinence of data/documentation obtained from a variety of sources.
* Assist the DOJ technical office with the vetting of cases for AG Awards, JMD Awards, and other vetting requirements.
* Process requests for reciprocity in accordance with SEAD 7.
* Create cases in the DOJ personnel security system - Justice Security Tracking and Adjudications Record System (JSTARS)
* Enter correct data into JSTARS and route cases properly.
* Upload all relevant supporting documents to correct JSTARS case document tab.
* Enter correct separation dates in JSTARS and forward cases of separated contractors and employees to the Awaiting Destruction Shelf.
* Generate credit reports as required for the background investigation process.
* Provide thorough responses to general clearance inquiries and to agency officials. Consult with appropriate personnel security specialist on more technical matters.
* Properly safeguard Privacy Act Protected Information, Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Classified National Security Information.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the field of personnel security and a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of formal education and experience (6 years of directly related experience will substitute for education).
- In-depth knowledge of investigative requirements for the performance of an adjudication of the personnel security background investigation.
- Hands-on experience that demonstrates subject matter expertise in one or more functional areas related to personnel security, suitability, and adjudication of background investigations
- Professional training and certifications (i.e.,: Essential of Suitability Adjudications Program (ESAP) Training, Fundamentals of Suitability for Suitability and Fitness Adjudicators; Adjudications for National Security etc)
- Written and oral communications skills.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: