The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) companies are the business arm of the Seneca Nation of Indians. SNG consists of a parent company, Seneca Holdings, LLC, and several subsidiary small businesses that participate in the SBA 8(a) program. SNG is dedicated to providing high-quality professional services to our government and private sector clients.
SNG has an immediate opening for a qualified Benefit Specialist. Reports to the Payroll Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with employee benefit administration helping to coordinate such benefits as the 401k, Health Insurance, FSA, Life/Disability and Commuter program.
- Engage with new hires to make sure all paperwork has been completed correctly and timely, and answer questions.
- Back up to Payroll Manager.
- Processing weekly and biweekly payroll and labor.
- Assist Payroll Manager with set-up and maintenance of all new hire and terminating employees for payroll, timesheet and labor entry in system(s).
- Maintain personnel, I-9 and related files.
- Assist Payroll Manager in workers comp and various other reporting requirements including annual data reporting for 401k report Form 5500.
- Assist with the preparation and/or review vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Assist with the preparation of semi-annual and annual Workers Compensation.
- Familiar with a variety of software programs in performance of the necessary functions of the position.
- Experience with Paychex and payroll processing.
- Knowledge of FSLA and other federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Knowledge of benefit plans, COBRA and communicate effectively to employees of all levels.
- Working knowledge of compensation plans.
- Must be able to work with confidential material/information.
- Must be analytical and have above average organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and work independently or as a team member as needed.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the utilization of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for attention to detail and accuracy of work product.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information, and exercise good judgment and discretion in handling and disseminating information.
- Deltek Costpoint experience.
- MS SharePoint experience.
- Previous work within a government contracting environment.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.