|Title:||Director, Legal and Compliance|
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) companies are the business arm of the Seneca Nation of Indians. SNG consists of a parent company, Seneca Holdings, LLC, and several subsidiary small businesses that participate in the SBA 8(a) program. SNG is dedicated to providing high-quality professional services to government and private sector clients.
SNG has an immediate opening for a Director of Corporate Compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee a corporate compliance team that supports a growing federal government contracting business, initially consisting of 2-3 additional team members.
- Primary focus will be to establish cross-functional systems and processes to proactively monitor compliance across the organization.
- Primary oversight/responsibility for: (self-performed and/or by team members):
- Federal government prime contract compliance, including NAICS, size standards, limitations on subcontracting, FAR compliance, nonmanufacturing rule, contract/task order funding, etc.
- Subcontract management, including subcontracts, NDAs, teaming agreements, compliance with insurance requirements, task order funding, etc.
- Oversee compliance activities in support of and across other organizational functions, including business development, SBA/Hubzone, human resources, insurance, board governance, etc.
- Must maintain a service-mindset that supports growth and expansion of the business while responsibly managing risk.
- 8+ years prior work experience with federal government contractor
- 5+ years in a compliance role with a federal government contractor
- 5+ years managing a team member of at least two members
- Must be analytical and have above average organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to prioritize and work independently or as a team member as needed
- Demonstrated proficiency in the utilization of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Proactive mindset that drives continuous improvement in organizational compliance with past experience implementing processes and procedures to maintain compliance for a federal government contractor.
- Strong work-ethic that entails in a hand-on approach and willingness to pitch in wherever necessary.
- Ability to weigh risks with business goals; strength in supporting informed decision-making by company leadership.
- Ability to monitor developments in the government contracting environment, including FAR changes.
- Experience with selecting and/or managing a contracts database.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.