|Title:||Director of Business Development|
|Security Level:||Top Secret|
Mission: The Director of Business Development position will play both a leadership and supporting role within the SNG BD team. The Director of BD will be responsible for leading the entire opportunity lifecycle, from identification of new opportunities to contract award, and engagement post award as necessary. To be successful, they will need to strategically balance the pursuit of 8(a) sole-source awards, Hubzone opportunities, opportunities through vehicles such as OASIS and 8(a) STARS III and competitive awards/set asides for both products and services. The Director of BD will also proactively support the other BD team leaders in pursuit of their opportunities where their skills, expertise and background will be useful. Integrating into the existing BD team, leading the pursuit of new opportunities and supporting the other BD team members will be critical to success.
- Within 2 years, produce $50M in new service contract awards with a minimum margin of at least 6%.
- Within 3 months, identify 5 new contracts for the pipeline (either as prime or through partners).
- Within 12 months, secure 2 new contract awards.
- Within 3 months, develop a strategy and marketing materials to demonstrate integrated capabilities across SNG in an area of specialization that matches your background/skills.
- Within 6 months, identify 3 potential activities/investments to be made in support of this area of specialization
- When awarded, lead effort to leverage OASIS, 8(a) STARS III and other available vehicles
- Within 2 months of award of any GWAC, develop a strategy to pursue opportunities using that contract
- Immediately, become a key member of the BD team and support strategic decision-making for future growth
- On an ongoing basis, support the development of other “verticals”, depending on areas of expertise
- Federal Government Experience: Experience working with the federal government is critical to success, and the more experience the better. Understanding the BD cycle is critical, while experience overseeing the operations/execution of federal contracts is also going to be very helpful. We consider a security clearance, PMP certification, advanced degrees and other certifications to be valuable assets.
- Specialization: The federal government marketplace is very broad, and we have the flexibility to leverage our past performance to build verticals or practice areas in many ways. We want you to have at least one area of specialization in IT (e.g., specific agency, technology, or functional area) that will provide focus to a portion of your BD efforts.
- Proactive Self-Starter: We are looking for you to lead BD activities in line with our strategy, and own opportunities from start to finish. We want you to be a leader and a doer. We want you to leverage your experience in the federal contractor space and focus on the highest-potential activities. You are someone who is always busy, efficient and productive.
- Team-First Mentality: We want you to have a desire and enthusiasm for working with the rest of the SNG BD team. While BD success is in-part defined by meeting individual targets, we want you to proactively support other opportunities lead by other BD team members when it is in the team’s best interests to do so. While individual targets are important, we value individuals that care more about the ultimate success of the collective team.
- Growth Mindset: We are looking for someone who enjoys the process of getting better, as an individual and a member of teams. We want you to seek out the feedback that improves your ability to learn from experiences and grow as a professional.
- Kind, Humble, and Fun: We want you to be a person we enjoy collaborating with, spending time with, and investing in. You may be this person if you already invest heavily in those you work with, and if you consistently receive the feedback that you are a great colleague and teammate. A great sign is if people go out of their way to work with you, no matter the situation.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti- discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: