|Title:||Terrorist Designation Analyst|
|Security Level:||Top Secret|
We currently have an opening on our team for an experienced Terrorist Designation Analyst to support the Department of State at their offices in downtown Washington, DC.
The Terrorist Designation Analyst will assist, coordinate, and conduct a variety of research and analytical duties for the Office of Counterterrorism Finance and Designations – relative to their respective position and position level.
Title: Designation Analyst
Rate: FLSA Non-Exempt, GS 11-2 Equivalency (2018 Schedule)
Location: Washington, DC
Schedule: Full time, M-F, 8:15am to 5:00pm with a 45-minute lunch break
Travel: Based on customer requirements, must be willing to travel
Clearance Level: Active TOP SECRET with ability to receive access to SCI (DoD Preferred)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist upper-level managers with the drafting, coordination, and delivery of comprehensive reports to identify individuals and organizations or groups to be the subject of a formal designation by the United States Government (USG) as having committed or posing a significant risk of committing terrorist acts that threaten American nationals, U.S. national security, or of supporting already designated terrorist groups or individuals.
- Provide Counterterrorism Finance and Designations (CT/TFD) program managers with recommendations of possible designations as well as ensure prompt drafting, clearance coordination, and delivery of the Department’s annually statutorily-mandated report to Congress on Countries Not Cooperating Fully (NFCC) with U.S. counterterrorism efforts.
- Review daily a large volume of classified intelligence, State Department cables, and open source material;
- Incorporate appropriate reviewed material into the Administrative Record for terrorist designations;
- Review evidentiary and supporting exhibits developed by the Department of the Treasury and provide management with concise and accurate summary within the timeframe determined by the government manager.
- Draft all appropriate documentation in support of new Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTO) and E.O. 13224 designations.
- Monitor aspects of the Department of State’s State Sponsor of Terrorist listing regime and its annual NFCC report to Congress.
- Assist upper-level managers with tracking designations-related metrics and other reporting requirements and tasks.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical or functional discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Timely and precise organizational skills
- Critical and creative thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment
- Ability to perform effectively in a flexible, team-oriented environment
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
Special Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Experience in conducting complex analyses of qualitative data (involving various data sources) and results reporting
- Experience in developing project plans, goals, objectives, and milestones involving complex programs, systems, or issues of critical importance to an entire organization
- Experience with assessing project progress, conducting briefings, and preparing comprehensive reports with solutions and recommendations for top-level managers and executives
- Proven experience with standard software, including the complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Proven experience with Internet searches using both iExplorer, Google Chrome, and other internet search engines
Raventek Solutions’ competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Raventek Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.