|Title:||Accounts Payable Specialist|
Seneca Holdings is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally-owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, Hubzone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Holdings is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Specialist to support our corporate offices in Buffalo, NY.
Under the direction of the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Specialist will adhere to the highest level of professionalism with integrity and honesty while protecting the companies' assets and information.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain all AP e-mailboxes
- Distribute invoices for approvals
- Process AP invoices
- Audit Expense Reports
- Match invoices to purchase orders
- Prepare hard copy checks for mailing weekly
- Vendor database maintenance inclusive of 1099 monitoring
- Open and distribute mail daily
- Maintain AP historical files, hard copy and electronically
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- More responsibilities may be added as appropriate
- 3 years minimum Accounts Payable experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical and moral behavior - integrity, accountable
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Accounting, or Business Management
- ERP experience
- CostPoint experience
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: