Seneca Solutions is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally-owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, Hubzone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Solutions is looking to hire a VTC Technician to support our government client in Washington, DC. This position requires a Secret clearance.
As a self-managed, experienced VTC technician, you will provide troubleshooting and maintenance support for VTC endpoints and conference room Audio Visual equipment. You'll also support and maintain VTC configurations, endpoint devices and related technology equipment and IT assets to include installation, configuration, troubleshooting, movement, relocation, upgrade, and replacement. Additionally, you will be responsible for in-room support to SSP Staff and VIP support requiring excellent communication skills and daily interaction with customers. This position will manage the VTC operations and equipment in a new building at the Washington Navy Yard. Tasks include creating and maintaining effective customer relationships to insure customer satisfaction within the SSP community. The VTC Technician will work with the VTC Manager to recommend enhancements and propose/test automation to decrease costs and improve customer service.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for assisting in promoting, improving, maintaining and supporting all VTC services and/or systems.
- Assist in the designs of networks or portions of networks that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Helps to ensure that all software installed satisfy the communications needs covering both the hardware and security requirements
- Assists in all service / system upgrades while being a team player involving telecommunications and networking projects.
- Provides hands-on assistance involving troubleshooting and diagnostic support for all related systems, equipment failures or service issues.
- Research available and emerging voice, data and video communication technologies to recommend future implementations.
- Be familiar with Cisco Call Manager and VOIP connections
- Install, troubleshoot, service, and repair video conferencing equipment and components, cables, connectors and peripherals on a variety of network configurations.
- Installs and maintains baseline VTC system configurations.
- Connects personal computers and peripherals to co-exist with VTC equipment on existing networks.
- Maintains network diagrams and connectivity records.
- Maintain trouble logs.
- Instructs users in the use of personal computers and briefing equipment in a variety of conference rooms
- Will report directly to the VTC Manager
- Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution.
- 5 years professional experience.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service, preferred.
- CompTIA Certification A+, Network+ or Security +
- Cisco/Tandberg technician training
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: