|Location:||Washington, DC Navy Yard|
As a self-managed, experienced VTC technician, you will provide troubleshooting and maintenance support for VTC endpoints and conference room Audio Visual equipment. You'll also support and maintain VTC configurations, endpoint devices and related technology equipment and IT assets to include installation, configuration, troubleshooting, movement, relocation, upgrade, and replacement. Additionally, you will be responsible for in-room support to SSP Staff and VIP support requiring excellent communication skills and daily interaction with customers. This position will manage the VTC operations and equipment in a new building at the Washington Navy Yard. Tasks include creating and maintaining effective customer relationships to insure customer satisfaction within the SSP community. The VTC Technician will work with the VTC Manager to recommend enhancements and propose/test automation to decrease costs and improve customer service.
- Responsible for assisting in promoting, improving, maintaining and supporting all VTC services and/or systems.
- Assist in the designs of networks or portions of networks that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Helps to ensure that all software installed satisfy the communications needs covering both the hardware and security requirements
- Assists in all service / system upgrades while being a team player involving telecommunications and networking projects.
- Provides hands-on assistance involving troubleshooting and diagnostic support for all related systems, equipment failures or service issues.
- Research available and emerging voice, data and video communication technologies to recommend future implementations.
- Be familiar with Cisco Call Manager and VOIP connections
- Install, troubleshoot, service, and repair video conferencing equipment and components, cables, connectors and peripherals on a variety of network configurations.
- Installs and maintains baseline VTC system configurations.
- Connects personal computers and peripherals to co-exist with VTC equipment on existing networks.
- Maintains network diagrams and connectivity records.
- Maintain trouble logs.
- Instructs users in the use of personal computers and briefing equipment in a variety of conference rooms
- Will report directly to the VTC Manager
- Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution.
- 5 years professional experience.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service, preferred.
- CompTIA Certification A+, Network+ or Security +
- Cisco/Tandberg technician training
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti- discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.