Senior Hardware/Software Technician
|Title:||Senior Hardware/Software Technician|
|Location:||Washington, DC Navy Yard|
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) companies are the business arm of the Seneca Nation of Indians. SNG consists of a parent company, Seneca Holdings, LLC, and several subsidiary small businesses. SNG is dedicated to providing high-quality professional services to our government and private sector clients.
As part of the Service Desk Support Team, you will work in a team environment, but may also be expected to work independently. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems, pertaining to the SSP network.
- Recommend and schedule repairs.
- Provide end user support for all SSP network-based applications.
- Install and configure workstations, laptops and iPhones.
- Troubleshoot VPN issues with SSP furnished equipment.
- Provide windows operating system support - Windows 10 installation, patching, troubleshooting and deployment.
- Research and troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016.
- Install and troubleshoot issues with a variety of SSP-specific developed and 3rd- party software.
- Collaborate with other on-site contractors to manage and contain network spillages.
- Work with the SPCIO office to prepare for IT Accreditation and cybersecurity inspections.
- 5-7 years of IT systems support experience.
- Education: Associate Degree or Bachelor’s (preferred) Degree from an accredited institution. 5 years of experience can be substituted for a degree.
- CompTIA A+, Network+ or Security+.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications