|Title:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Location:||Multiple Locations (See Post)|
Seneca Holdings is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, HUBZone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Holdings is looking to hire a Chief Financial Officer to support our corporate office either in Northern Virginia or Williamsville, NY (a suburb of Buffalo). If based in Northern Virginia, periodic travel to Buffalo area will be required. This position is full-time with overtime as needed.
The Chief Financial Officer will be a strategic business partner to the CEO, COO and the Management Committee, and will help develop strategy, analyze trends and financial information, and provide financial and strategic input around critical decisions and operations.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following areas:
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Provide reports on the Company’s financial results to the Leadership Team and Management Committee on a monthly and year-to-date basis
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decisions affecting the Company such as potential acquisitions, business expansions, partnerships and/or other initiatives
- Coordinate and be responsible for due diligence of potential acquisitions and/or transactions involving the Company including post-acquisition integration activities
- Provide financial advice on significant contracts the Company may enter
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization regarding long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts
- Provide insight and recommendations to both the short- and long-term growth plans of organization
- Evaluate and improve the processes, systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information
- Communicate, engage and interact with the Leadership Team, Management Committee, lenders and other third parties
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the Company’s plans for growth and expansion
- Interview and hire key financial and accounting personnel as required as the business grows
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they related to strategic initiatives and operational models
- Interact with other business areas and coordinate other departments to meet CEO, COO, and our Management Committee’s plans, initiatives and recommendations
Financial Management, Relations and Policies
- Engage Leadership Team and Management Committee to develop short-term and long-term plans, projections and budgets
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials
- Engage with DCAA on questions regarding compliance with governmental accounting rules and regulations (FAR)
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Oversee development of monthly and annual company operating budgets
- Review budgets and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, cash flow, and overall financial results
- Provide recommendations and oversee analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings
Accounting, General, Administrative and Operations
- Collaborate with the Controller, whose responsibility is to plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the Company’s financial and accounting function and performance in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) while using industry standards and best practices
- Partner with the Controller and provide guidance to the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for the Company’s Leadership Team and Management Committee
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and internal control policies
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors
- Ensure compliance with all state and local taxes including franchise, payroll, sales tax, license and property tax
- Review company insurance requirements for adequate coverage and best pricing including liability, workers comp, property and benefit insurance
- Serve as lead trustee for company 401k retirement plan
- Oversight for corporate legal matters by working with Legal & Administration as necessary
- Provide support to and partner with the sales organization led by the COO
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance, MBA preferred
- CPA license
- Experience with Tribally owned Native American businesses that leverage SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, HUBZone certifications and other small business contracting advantages
- Experience with a federal government contractor with involvement in DCAA compliance, incurred cost submissions, etc.
- Ten plus years total accounting or finance experience and a blend of commercial and government contracting experience
- Strong business acumen, including outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, FAR, CAS and internal controls and processes
- Experience with the implementation/migration to a new accounting system
- Experience integrating newly acquired business units into unified systems and demonstrated ability to scale overall business for anticipated growth
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues
- Embody an entrepreneurial drive, creativity and nimbleness with a commitment to ethical conduct
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence and ability to collaborate, mentor and coordinate with superiors, peers and subordinates
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint preferred, but not required
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy:
SNG has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, SNG recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the SNG Human Resources department. SNG will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: