|Title:||Budget Analyst (AFPMB)|
|Location:||Falls Church, VA|
|Company:||Seneca Global Services, LLC|
Seneca Global Services is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally-owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, Hubzone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Global Services is seeking a highly motivated Budget Analyst (AFPMB) to support our government client headquartered in Falls Church, VA. This position provides critical programmatic support to the U.S. Army Medical Command (MEDCOM) and its three stateside regional health commands. This position is located in Silver Spring, MD.
The National Defense Authorization Act of Fiscal Year 2017 directed the military departments to transfer the administration of military treatment facilities (MTF) to the Defense Health Agency (DHA). The intent of this legislation was to eliminate duplication of effort, maximize efficiencies, and reduce headquarters personnel. Congress directed these changes to streamline the delivery of the health benefit while enabling the military departments to focus on readiness.
This contract will provide subject matter expertise to fill gaps in MEDCOM enabling the command to analyze data, identify real-time recommendations to increase readiness, and enhance MEDCOM's overall mission capabilities.
- Work as a team member on the Pest Management Division under the oversight of MEDCOM HQ
- Provide technical support to issue funding via GFEBS Purchase Request, Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPRs), and Direct Charge to all Pest Management DoD and non-DoD clientele.
- Develop the annual Pest Management Budget spend and execution plans and report monthly execution to the MECOM HQ G8 Program and Budget Division
- Provide analysis and oversight to resolve Prior Year Cancelling Unliquidated Obligations (ULOs) & Unmatched Transactions, clear invoice discrepancies, and resolve erroneous intermediate documents
- Provide oversight and execution for all financial activities including the Defense Travel System (DTS), Dormant Account Review – Quarterly (DARQ) analysis and coordination, monthly variance execution and reporting.
- ACTIVE or INTERIM SECRET CLEARANCE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or another related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of three years of experience in supporting financial management, business process reengineering, financial data analytics, or financial management systems within the federal government, preferably the DoD
- Experience providing governance and oversight and developing policy for finance and accounting functions and processes within a Defense organization
- Knowledge or experience supporting the Joint Reconciliation Program's (JRP) tri-annual review to reconcile Unmatched Transactions (UMTs), and Unliquidated Obligations (ULOs).
- Experience analyzing transactions and supporting the following finance and accounting systems: GFEBS, GCSS-Army, DMLSS, ATAAPS, WAWF, FCM, DTS, & AXOL
- 4Experience supporting the finance and accounting functions related to vendor pay, contract execution, civilian pay, supply requisitioning and execution, debt management, travel, and transportation of things
- Demonstrates abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of firm services; preparing concise, accurate documents
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work
- Must be organized, self-motivated and able to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated ability to excel both independently and as a team member in a lively, collaborative environment
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy:
SNG has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, SNG recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely-held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the SNG Human Resources department. SNG will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate.