|Title:||Iranian Social Media Specialist (Persian Online Engagement Team Analyst)|
RavenTek Solutions is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally-owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, Hubzone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
RavenTek Solutions is looking to hire an experienced Business Specialist IV (Persian Online Engagement Team Analyst) to support the Department of State within the Bureau of Near East Affairs (NEA/IR) in Washington, DC. This position requires a Secret clearance.
Title: Business Specialist IV (Persian Online Engagement Team Analyst)
Rate: GS 14-5 (Approximately)
Location: Washington, DC
Rotating Schedule: 7:00AM – 4:00PM, 1:00PM – 10:00PM, Alternating Saturdays or Sundays 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Travel: May be required.
Clearance Level: ACTIVE Secret clearance (DoD)
The Bureau of Near East Affairs, through the Persian Online Business Analyst oversees the primary USG Persian language (Farsi) online and social media outreach to Iranian audiences both to support current U.S. policy and message Iranian civil society. This Persian Online Business Analyst is responsible for running the Virtual Embassy Tehran website and USAdarFarsi social media platform (YouTube, Google +, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram, and iPhone and Android apps). Also, the Persian Online Business Analyst shall develop original content for these platforms and provide review and analysis of the Iranian online space in order to better inform our outreach.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Develop for use on Virtual Embassy Tehran social media platforms, video, audio, and written content in support of U.S. policy goals.
- Draft proposed responses and other messages in Persian/Farsi and translate these responses into English for review by senior NEA/IR and/or NEA/PPD staff. Post and monitor these responses on VET platforms.
- Participate in regular editorial board meetings with NEA/IR staff to plan, develop, and finalize online content including tweets, articles of policy importance, webchats and interviews, videos, and Facebook polls and entries.
- Alert designated State Department officers to issues warranting attention and possible response. Recommend potential responses or engagement that will maximize U.S. national security interests.
- Make accurate translations of talking points, policy statements, print interviews, and otherwise assist in support of our spokespersons.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with USG policy on designated issues and be able to draw upon publicly available, cleared USG information resources and post Persian/Farsi language summaries of these messages on VET platforms.
- Position requires ability to use the audio/visual hardware and software employed by Virtual Embassy Tehran and our social media platforms.
- Conceptualize and create appropriate new content on the platform.
- Identify new online platforms popular with Virtual Embassy Tehran’s target audiences and make recommendations to the NEA/IR program office for possible expansion.
- Contribute relevant summaries and highlights of online Persian language content to regular internal products for Department.
- These positions may join NEA/IR at meetings with interagency partners, including but not limited to, the Global Engagement Center and various U.S. military commands. These engagements require Secret clearance.
- These positions may be required to join NEA/IR in video conferences at the Secret level.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree holder from an accredited university. Experience and being able to perform in English and Persian (Farsi) will be accepted in leu of a degree.
- At least five years’ experience in a field related to communications, media, or working in online engagement is highly preferable.
- At least two years of online engagement working with or on behalf of the U.S. government, including content creation, is required. Knowledge of online media and social networking platforms is required.
- Experience and proficiency with multimedia production (video, audiovisual, graphics) is preferred as is experience managing online content platforms.
- This position requires near-native Persian language capability, particularly in writing, which would allow the Specialist to understand and communicate in the current online environment.
- Candidates must be fluent in Persian and English. Experience living in the region would be beneficial. Previous work monitoring and reporting on foreign media is desirable.
- Must hold experience in social media on a wide range of platforms, and/or experience doing translation between English and Farsi.
- Must communicate in written and oral communication in both English and Farsi/Persian.
- Must have expertise in the Persian-language online environment and in-depth knowledge of Persian culture and history.
- It is desirable to have experience working in a team environment, and able to work with limited supervision (i.e. does not require direction for every task of every day).
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy:
SNG has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, SNG recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely-held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the SNG Human Resources department. SNG will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate.