|Title:||Acquisition Support Specialist|
|Location:||Ft. Belvoir, VA|
|Company:||Seneca Global Services, LLC|
Seneca Global Services is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, HUBZone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Global Services is looking to hire an Acquisition Support Specialist to support the Army out of Fort Belvoir. The position is currently 100% remote due to the pandemic, however, once the restrictions are lifted the on-site team will adhere to a hybrid schedule, with the intention to eventually have everyone on-site, depending on the state of the pandemic. This position requires an active Secret clearance.
The Acquisition Support Specialist will support a high visibility program that reports directly to senior Army leadership. The candidate will prepare all relevant acquisition documentation for contract submission/award and post-award management. The Acquisition Support Specialist will work closely with the government and contractor staff to ensure contract lifecycle needs are met/exceeded. The Acquisition Support Specialist is expected to work independently with little to no oversight from management.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research policies and mandates applicable to specific acquisitions.
- Provide acquisition support for software COTS contracts.
- Provide a weekly summary of actions to the Program Manager
- Participate in regular vendor and leadership meetings.
- Compile and analyze contract actions and inquiry data.
- Provide contract status and action items in monthly reports.
- Complete specialized project assignments without lapse in contract support.
- Research and construct documents and reports for IT products and policies as related to the acquisition objectives.
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
- 1-2 years of experience with acquisition or acquisition support
- 6-8 of experience in an administrative, communication, and/or customer service based role
- Experience working with Armed Services components
- Knowledge of government acquisition and the policies that govern the acquisition process. Specifically, J&A rules, policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office and the ability to quickly learn new programs, when required.
- Ability to self-organize, motivate and stay on-task.
- Ability to work in a small team environment.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into acquisition requirements and milestones.
- Ability to communicate with organizational partners and stakeholders.
- Experience presenting to large audiences.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy:
SNG has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, SNG recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the SNG Human Resources department. SNG will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: