|Title:||Program Manager Assistant|
Title: Program Manager Assistant
Rate: GS 12-10 (Approximately)
Location: Rosslyn, VA
Schedule: Full-time, M-F, 8:15 AM to 5:00 PM, with a 45-minute meal break
Clearance Level: Active Secret Clearance (DoD preferred)
This position is in the High Threat Programs (HTP) Directorate in the Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS), Department of State. The Program Manager Assistant will be responsible for assisting the delivery, analysis, and resolution of significant managerial and operational issues, which require action by the Deputy Assistant Secretary (DAS) and Office Director level positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct and detailed administrative support to the HTP DAS
- Coordinate with HTP Office Directors to facilitate communication between the DAS, liaison officers, and other relevant staff.
- Provide Front Office coverage in lieu of absence of Special Assistant(s).
- Manage meeting requirements with senior Department of State (DOS) officials, other non- DOS parties, and Inter-Agency parties. Ensure location or telecommunication capability is available, as necessary.
- Provide detailed administrative support, to include maintenance of reports, and review of daily correspondence and key items that directly impact staff in internal and external offices. Collect materials, reports, or agendas prior to any meetings/briefings.
- Perform other duties and complete special projects as assigned and directed by the DAS, HTP Special Assistant, and/or HTP senior management.
- Drafts reports and official correspondence pertaining to a variety of administrative functions and services.
- Analyzes policy information to develop program and/or administrative processes to ensure compliance requirements are fulfilled.
- Analyzes and evaluates proposed changes in mission and/or operating procedures
- Coordinate routine correspondence with all Regional Directors (RD), Desk Officers (DO), and other DS Directorates and DOS executive staffers, ensuring correct punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar, and conformance to style is accurate; finalize division documents, ensure all tabs, cover pages, etc., are in the proper configuration, secure signatures, and deliver to appropriate addressee and locations.
- Provide administrative support during Authorized Departure, Ordered Departure, or suspension of operations of a High Threat High Risk (HTHR) Post. Duties may include dissemination of fast-paced reporting and information to executive leadership and the DS Command Center.
- Track and maintain task force rosters related to any HTHR Post evacuations.
- Receive, review, format, and disseminate DS Directorate tasks to include, but not limited to: travel requests, press guidance, Weekly Activity Reports, Post Staffing Numbers, Posts of Concern, Deputies Committee and Counterterrorism Security Group Bullet Points, and intra/inter Departmental clearance requests.
- Management of DS Task Tracker tasks pertaining to DS/HTP.
- Provide administrative support for reports, briefing presentations, and special projects.
- Assist in preparation of staff papers, policy directives, action memoranda, and information memoranda to be used by Department Principals.
- Proofread outgoing DS/HTP items to ensure compliance with format guidelines and make edits to bring them into compliance, as necessary.
- Coordinate administrative support between the DS Directorates and DS/HTP Offices.
- Utilizes database management, project management, and other management processes to keep track of project activities, inquiries, and requests to track status through completion.
- Provide direct support and planning for all DS/HTP International workshops / conferences
- Collect and process time and attendance to include leave, overtime, and premium compensation requests for HTP FO and Resource Management Staff.
- Maintain and organize time and attendance files for tracking/historical record in anticipation of OIG inspections or audits.
- Assist with coordination and management of any Directorate special projects.
- Be responsible for training administrative services personnel.
- Assist in developing administrative processes and procedures for use by directorate staff.
- Coordinate any purchase requests or equipment issues with the Purchase Card Holder/Unit Security Officer.
- Performs other duties and completes special projects as may be assigned and directed by the DS/HTP Resource Manager and/or DS/HTP senior management.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution or a minimum of one to three (1-3) years administrative experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience and capabilities working with varying types of database software.
- Possess a willingness to learn specific program requirements of the position.
- Reliability, flexibility, maturity, and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel and departments within Department of State.
- Attention to detail, strong follow-through skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint.
- Familiarity with foreign affairs agencies. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with superiors, colleagues, business professionals, and the general public.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Experience drafting and editing professional reports and documents for senior officials.
- Possess strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high-volume work environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and handle pressure situations is a must.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently on projects and issues within established policy guidelines.
Raventek Solutions’ competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Raventek Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: