|Title:||Senior Security Engineer (Team Lead)|
|Security Level:||Public Trust|
We are looking for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer with recent hands-on experience working with security tools and experience leading teams to provide on-site expert technical support at the customer’s headquarters located in Washington, D.C. This individual will serve as the team lead for a small team of Senior Engineers, supporting the existing Program Manager in day-to-day contract execution.
Title: Senior Cyber Security Engineer (Team Lead)
Location: Washington, DC
Schedule: Full Time
Clearance Level: Active Public Trust (Desired but not Required)
US Citizenship Required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 70% of the role focuses on the hands-on engineering aspect of working directly with tools, and 30% of the role will be managing the team.
- Serves as a technical subject matter (SME) on cyber/systems security matters.
- Define, plan, design, and evaluate information security systems and architecture.
- Install and update security systems with latest vendor updates.
- Operation and maintenance of security tools to ensure the system continues to be fully functional and provides the required level of service.
- Performing diagnosis of system related problems and ensure the appropriate level of technical support is engaged to address the problem.
- Monitoring the capacity requirements of security systems and ensure there is adequate capacity to meet requirements.
- Engage with users, network engineers, security engineers, and application owners.
- Engage with the security tools vendor to ensure ongoing and adequate level of technical maintenance and support for all component parts.
- Coordinate the provision of any required regular reporting on security metrics.
- Acts as the overall on-site project lead. Serves as the interface and on-site point of contact with customer for program/project operations.
- Develop weekly written status reports.
- Participate in weekly meetings.
- Organizes, directs and coordinates with the Program Manager & COR on the planning and production of all contract and subcontract support activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in the field of information security, computer engineering, information systems, telecommunications, or related technical or functional discipline.
- Eight (8) years of relevant work experience in the area of information/cyber security engineering or operations, including hands-on experience with security tools and devices such as network firewalls, web proxy, intrusion prevention system, vulnerability scanner, and penetration testing tools.
- Strong familiarity with Federal compliance standards such as NIST 800-53, FIPS, FedRAMP.
- Specialization in at least one of the following fields with four (4) years of experience:
- Building and or administering security devices such as network firewall, web proxy, data loss prevention systems, and intrusion prevention systems.
- Building and or administering Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Building and or administering Linux/UNIX based systems.
- Building and or administering Network devices (e.g., Cisco, Juniper)
- Conducting dynamic web application security testing, both manual testing and utilizing application security tools to discover exploitable vulnerabilities.
- Conducting database security assessment and monitoring.
- Managing cloud security operations, including identity & access control, secure configuration management, network security, enforcement policy scripting, workload security, data security, and logging.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio.
- Timely and precise organizational skills.
- Critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment.
- Ability to perform effectively in a flexible, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- PMP Certification or equivalent work experience.
- Maintain at least one of the following current professional certifications:
- Any SANS GIAC Security certifications (Administration, Software, Forensics, or GSE Expert)
- CISSP or any security systems vendor administration-level certifications.
- Other certifications may be acceptable as approved by the COR.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti- discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.