|Title:||Tier I & II Help Desk Technician|
Seneca Solutions is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally-owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, Hubzone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Solutions is looking to hire a Tier I & II Help Desk Technician for our government client at the Washington Navy Yard. This position requires a Secret clearance. In this role, your primary function will include specialized support of mobile devices, or other duties as assigned and directed by the on-site Program Manager. You will also assist colleagues with providing customer support to distributed PC/networking environments including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals.
The Help Desk positions have staggered, 8-hour shifts to fully support a service window of 0630 to 1700 EST, Monday through Friday, with the exception of Federal Government holidays. Please note, this position requires on-site presence, 5 days/week.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Facilitate the issuing, tracking, troubleshooting, and monitoring of mobile devices
- Perform technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone or on-site, for PC desktop hardware and software packages.
- Prioritize customer's requests, follow-up, and track through to resolution, including updating the ticketing system (HEAT)
- Perform software installation and configurations.
- Install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs, and other application software programs.
- Provide deskside support for equipment on the secure SIPRNet and coordinate with the network administrators.
- Troubleshoot computer problems, perform hardware and software diagnostics, coordinate needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
- Maintain proper and accurate documentation of issues and customer communication within ticketing software.
- Communicate issue trends with senior staff, as soon as identified.
- Monitor voicemail for calls received outside normal hours of operation, adding any request to the Help Desk Call Tracking Database system.
- Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) years of Help Desk Analyst or equivalent experience OR Associate’s Degree and five (5) years of Help Desk Analyst or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of a SECRET level security clearance.
- Must have demonstrated strength in managing customer expectations, task prioritization, and daily interface with customers.
IT Certification Requirements:
- CompTIA A+, Network+ or Security+
- Specific experience in Department of Defense environments.
- Experience supporting SIPRNet.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Able to handle multiple assignments under extreme time constraints and high-stress conditions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills for working within a team environment.
- Must have strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and a high energy level.
- Self-starter: bias for action, results-oriented.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Computer skills with proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to work with a diversified workforce.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
Covid-19 Workplace Safety Policy
SNG has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, SNG recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely-held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the SNG Human Resources department. SNG will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: