|Title:||Tier 1 Help Desk Technician|
We are looking for a Tier 1 Help Desk Support Technician will join our team supporting a customer at the Washington Navy Yard. This is a temporary 3-month position, but may be converted to permanent, depending on customer requirements. In this role, you will be assigned to special projects, as directed by the on-site Program Manger. You will also assist colleagues with providing customer support to distributed PC/networking environments including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals.
The Help Desk positions have staggered, 8-hour shifts to fully support a service window of 0630 to 1700 EST, Monday through Friday, with the exception of Federal Government holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Perform technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site, for PC desktop hardware and software packages.
• Prioritize customer's requests, follow-up, and track through to resolution, including updating the ticketing system (HEAT)
• Perform software installation and configurations.
• Install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs.
• Provide deskside support for equipment on the secure SIPRNet and coordinate with the network administrators.
• Troubleshoot computer problems, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinate needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
• Maintain proper and accurate documentation of issues and customer communication within ticketing software.
• Communicate issue trends with senior staff, as soon as identified.
• Monitor voice-mail for calls received outside normal hours of operation, adding any request to the Help Desk Call Tracking Database system.
• Minimum of a SECRET level Security clearance.
• Must have demonstrated strength in managing customer expectations, task prioritization, and daily interface with customers.
IT Certification Requirements:
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: