|Location:||Falls Church, VA|
|Company:||Seneca Global Services, LLC|
|Security Level:||Top Secret|
Seneca Global Services is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally-owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, Hubzone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Global Services is looking to hire a Deployment Engineer to support our government client in the Northern Virginia area. This position requires a Top Secret clearance and is 90% remote.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Engage with Customers to review and analyze customer on-premise prerequisites including walking the customer through the standard architecture, stack and deployment process.
• Deploy Customer software on the customer's on-premise environment.
• Assist the Customer in deploying monitors for the solution within the environment.
• Set the platform to enable integration between Customer software to customers MDM, Email, SIEM, and Customer global services.
• Provide training to Customers on the best practices around deploying, upgrading and operating the Customer software platform.
• Provide support to Customers on day to day activities required to maintain, monitor and trouble shoot issues.
• Hands-on experience in Unix: Linux and Solaris.
• Prior experience in DevOps and/or application development team stands on experience using large scale software development, preferably in one of these languages: Java, Python, scripting languages.
• Hands-on experience of Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Swarm style deployments.
• Knowledge and understanding of infrastructure components like ha-proxy, Nginx, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Redis, Memcached, and Postgres.
• Solid working knowledge of infrastructure components. (e.g., routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks, security).
• Exposure to Prometheus monitoring tools.
• Exposure to Orchestration and configuration management tools for applications.
• Prior Consulting or deployment experience working with Customers on-site.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, appropriately scaled for a senior technical and senior business audience.
• Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
• US Citizen with active Top Secret Clearance.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.