|Title:||Research Analyst / Epidemiologist|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Security Level:||Public Trust|
Serve on the cutting edge of the ever evolving battle to curtail the spread HIV/AIDS and make a difference on a Global Scale. Join our team of dedicated professionals at DHAPP, an implementing agency for the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), assisting foreign military partners in the development and implementation of military specific HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment programs.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all aspects of Seroprevalence and Behavioral Epidemiology Risk Survey (SABERS) studies.
- Develop study protocols; submit and track IRB paperwork.
- Participate in and/or lead all country/NGO planning teleconferences and document meetings, which have been assigned.
- Attend in-country assessment visits (1 week).
- Assist with development of data collection methods.
- Attend in-country survey pretest visits (1 week).
- Attend in-country data collection training sessions (2 weeks).
- Assist and/or conduct focus groups, data collection as defined by study protocol.
- Assist with data entry, coding and manage databases.
- Provide statistical analysis for studies.
- Provide written reports summarizing study procedures and results.
- In collaboration with coauthors, write and submit manuscripts based on studies, if time permits.
- Conduct literature searches, reviews.
- Conduct data analysis.
- Create tables, plots, and graphs, as appropriate.
- Submit and track scientific products through the PAO system.
- Assist and/or provide oral and written presentation of findings.
- Attend monthly in-country dissemination visits (1 week).
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 25%.
- Education and Experience: Masters in epidemiology and two years of experience.
- Experience with budget evaluation is preferred.
- Data analysis skills (SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- Ability to write and publish scientific manuscripts.
- Ability to communicate and work with various types of professional staff and students.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.