|Title:||Business Specialist II (Persian Online Engagement Team)|
|Security Level:||Public Trust|
$2,500 Sign-on bonus available
Title: Business Specialist II (Persian Online Engagement Team)
Rate: GS 13-5 (Approximately)
Location: Washington, D.C.
Schedule: Full-time, M-F, 8:15 AM to 5:00 PM, with a 45-minute meal break
Travel: Travel may be required
Education: Bachelor’s degree holder from an accredited university.
Experience: At least one year experience in a field related to communications, media, or working in online engagement is highly preferable
Clearance/Investigation Level: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
We currently have an opening on our team for an experienced Persian Online Engagement Team (POET) Business Analyst III to support a Department of State contract.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor online Persian/Farsi-language discussion forums, blogs/video-logs and other electronic media, to monitor and analyze content and trends.
- Regularly report to NEA/IR statistics on use of Virtual Embassy Tehran social media sites, main topics of discussion on Persian/Iranian websites, and top sites used by Iranians.
- Uses his/her knowledge of social media platforms to explore ways to expand the VET and USAdarFarsi’s fan base and outreach.
- Draft proposed responses and other messages in Persian and translate these responses into English for review by senior NEA/IR and/or NEA/PPD staff. Post and monitor these responses on as many platforms as required once cleared.
- Alert designated State Department officers to issues warranting attention and possible response.
- Make accurate translations of talking points, policy statements, print interviews, and otherwise assist in support of our spokespersons.
- Position requires ability to use the audio/visual hardware and software employed by Virtual Embassy Tehran and our social media platforms.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- The Persian Online Engagement Team Specialist will hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- At least one year experience in a field related to communications, media, or working in online engagement is highly preferable.
- Complete Knowledge of online media and social networking platforms is required. This position requires near-native Persian language capability, particularly in writing, which would allow the Analyst to understand and communicate in the current online environment.
- Candidates must be fluent in Persian and English. Experience living in the region would be beneficial. Previous work monitoring and reporting on foreign media is desirable.
- Must hold experience doing translation between English and Farsi. It is desirable to have experience working in a team environment, and able to work with limited supervision (i.e. does not require direction for every task of every day).
- Must communicate in written and oral communication in both English and Farsi/Persian.
- Must have expertise in the Persian-language online environment and in-depth knowledge of Persian culture and history.
Raventek Solutions’ competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Raventek Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.