|Title:||Financial Analyst (Financial Support Desk)|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
|Company:||Western Door Federal, LLC|
Western Door Federal is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, HUBZone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Western Door Federal is looking to hire a Financial Analyst (Financial Support Desk) to support our government client in San Antonio, TX.
This is a Department of Defense contract and will follow the DoD’s protocol regarding vaccinations and/or testing.
This position provides administrative support in the development of fiscal guidance and policy for financial management at the MTF level.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Process and reconcile funding documents within Service-specific and internal financial systems to support the delivery of healthcare in MTFs in accordance with fiscal law and DHA policies and business rules to support future programming and audit
- Perform budget execution review work during the execution phase involving the monitoring of incurred and actual expenditures of a budget with different sources of funding, such as, direct annual, multi-year and no-year appropriations, apportionment, allotments, and transfer of funds from other DoD organizations.
- Monitor spend plans and the use of and rate of expenditures of budgeted funds through continuing dialogue with program officials and their staff, review of written documents and examination of accounting records.
- Prepare/analyze a variety of reports covering the status of funds, expenses and obligations as required by higher headquarters.
- Compare obligations and expenditures and identify conditions of over or under obligation of funds; analyze unfunded requirements to ensure accurate projections of financial posture and develops recommendations for budgetary adjustments to support unanticipated changes in program operations and/or funding.
- Maintain and review comprehensive funds control system for appropriated funds to assure the accurate accounting and reporting of commitments/obligations, availability of funds, validity of documents within the official accounting system, and determination of the appropriateness of funds utilization for requested materials and services.
- Participate in formulating budget estimates and program justification to include all funding requirements; evaluate spend plans and unfunded requirements to ensure accurate projections of financial posture.
- Monitor the use of and rate of expenditures of budgeted funds and year-end closing to ensure proper and full use of funds.
- Make sound recommendations for adjustments in program spending.
- Identify and research anomalies in financial data.
- Generate reports to enable data-driven decisions by leaders at all levels within the Military Health System.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years related experience
- Proficient in General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS) and Electronic Funds Distribution (EFD) for both funds/Funding Authorization Document (FAD) distribution as well as execution management.
- A working knowledge of Financial Management Information System (FMIS) is strongly desired, especially the Resource Planning Tool (RPT)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy:
SNG has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, SNG recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the SNG Human Resources department. SNG will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: