|Title:||General Services Officer|
We have an opening on our team for a General Services Officer to support the Mission for the Near Eastern Affairs of the Department of State. The General Services Officer will work with the NEA staff, including the Office Director, Deputies, unit chiefs, and other staff members.
Title: General Services Officer
Rate: FLSA Exempt, GS 11-7 (Approximately)
Location: Washington, D.C.
Schedule: Full time, M-F, 8:15am to 5:00pm with a 45-minute lunch break
Travel: Travel may be required
Clearance Level: Active Secret is required for this position (DoD preferred)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procurement Support - Assists with the scheduling and monitoring of purchasing/procurement transactions for the full range of standard items and services to meet mission needs.
- Support Services- Plans and coordinates a variety of general office support services in support of the work of the office, such as requisition, purchase, storage, and maintenance of stock levels; installation, repair, maintenance, and disposal of office equipment, etc. Serves as backup on office support services and monitors office space renovation projects and is a back-up on the inventory system.
- Monitoring Office Resources- Obtains and monitors the use of services, supplies, and equipment. Prepares resource status reports for the supervisor's use. Procures, authorizes, controls, and justifies a variety of general support services such as office supply stock levels and office equipment. Reviews established procedures for procurement and tracking of office supplies and equipment and evaluates the effectiveness.
- Central Control Point for Office Systems- Plans and establishes office control systems such as those for the control of the location, arrangement, access to, and use of office files. Within established office guidelines, acts as a central resource person for implementing and maintaining office control systems, such as those for maintenance, transfer, and disposition of records.
- Prepare reports, memoranda and others forms of written communication. Composes and edits letters, reports and generals offices memoranda for publication/distribution on behalf of the Director or senior level officer.
- Evaluates service providers request for validity in terms of necessity, consistency with bureau plans/budget priorities, and compliance with DOS and government-wide regulations; negotiates timing, quantity and price as appropriate and within limits of authority; verifies receipt of specified goods or services and completes and signs receiving reports.
- Works on requisitions for house services i.e. electrical, painting, purchasing and repairs, as well as coordinates TWD requirements to include IT. Assesses area where work needs to be completed, generates service tickets, and coordinates with vendors to perform work until tickets are completed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable.
- Have at least three years of experience in all areas of the essential functions of this position.
- Prior experience with the government in a General Service Officer/logistics position to be able to perform all the Primary Functions of the position.
Raventek Solutions’ competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Raventek Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.