|Title:||Vice President, Legal and Compliance|
Seneca Holdings is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally-owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, Hubzone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Holdings is looking to hire a Vice President of Legal and Compliance to support our corporate office in Chantilly ,VA.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee a corporate legal and compliance team that supports a growing federal government contracting business, initially consisting of 2-3 additional team members
- Near term focus will to establish cross-functional systems and processes to proactively monitor compliance across the organization
- Primary oversight/responsibility for: (self-performed and/or by team members):
- Federal government prime contract compliance, including NAICS, size standards, limitations on subcontracting, FAR compliance, non-manufacturing rule, contract/task order funding, etc.
- Subcontract management, including subcontracts, NDAs, teaming agreements, compliance with insurance requirements, task order funding, etc.
- Responsible for legal functions in support of federal government contracting business, including:
- Manage relationships with outside counsel, and engage where necessary
- Ethics, OCCI, internal investigations, etc.
- Oversee and/or advise regarding the compliance activities in support of and across other organizational functions, including business development, SBA/Hubzone, human resources, insurance, board governance, certifications (ISO/CMMI/CMMC), etc.
- Must maintain a service-mindset that supports growth and expansion of the business while responsibly managing risk
- Law Degree required
- 8+ years prior work experience with federal government contractor
- 5+ years in a compliance role with a federal government contractor
- 5+ years managing a team member of at least two members
- Must be analytical and have above average organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to prioritize and work independently or as a team member as needed
- Demonstrated proficiency in the utilization of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Proactive mindset that drives continuous improvement in organizational compliance with past experience implementing processes and procedures to maintain compliance for a federal government contractor
- Strong work-ethic that entails in a hand-on approach and willingness to pitch in wherever necessary
- Ability to weigh risks with business goals; strength in supporting informed decision-making by company leadership
- Ability to monitor developments in the government contracting environment, including FAR changes
- Experience with selecting and/or managing a contracts database
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: