|Title:||Senior Knowledge Manager|
|Location:||Falls Church, VA|
|Company:||Seneca Global Services, LLC|
Seneca Global Services is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally-owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, Hubzone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
Seneca Global Services is seeking a highly motivated Senior Knowledge Manager to support our government client headquartered in Falls Church, VA. This position provides critical programmatic support to the U.S. Army Medical Command (MEDCOM) and its three stateside regional health commands. This position is based in the National Capital Region (NCR).
Our knowledge manager consultants help clients optimize all elements of their organization, including operating model design, sustainable cost reduction, financial planning and analysis, and management reporting. This high performing team serves as a project manager/staff action officer to implement knowledge management (KM) initiatives throughout the organization to help identify, design and implement programs to meet today’s demanding requirements while continuing to provide value added insights to the business.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Serve as the KM transformation/change agent to identify internal/external best practices and establish methodologies for sharing best practices across command and enterprise KM platforms.
- Support the documentation, control, and organization of the captured knowledge to enhance job performance and mission contribution.
- Provide a framework that ensures the capture, harnessing, and exploitation of intellectual capital to develop strategies to promote KM visions and goals.
- Leverage latest telecommunications and technologies to provide access to knowledge management tools for the community through Enterprise platforms.
- Define, establish, lead, and monitor project progress to meet requirements for needed resources and provide recommendations to inform senior leadership decisions necessary to achieve MEDCOM strategic priorities.
- Assist in development and implementation of policy and program guidance governing the management of KM initiatives across the entire organization’s community.
- Provide support for daily internal operations in order to maximize the effectiveness of senior staff in executing their program and related administrative responsibilities.
- Facilitate executive level activities to include developing EXSUMs, talking points, coordination of action items.
- Develop and present decision briefs using the Military Decision-Making Process (MDMP).
- Draft Information Papers/memos outlining policy guidance to stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Provide strategic planning support services to achieve clearly defined processes, procedures, roles and responsibilities within Army and DoD that are documented and deployed.
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports.
- Engage in business process redesign and reengineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or another related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of five years of experience in supporting Knowledge Management projects.
- Demonstrates abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of firm services; preparing concise, accurate documents.
- Experience with using Microsoft SharePoint portal sites or similar platforms and providing document management support
- Must be organized, self-motivated and able to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to excel both independently and as a team member in a lively, collaborative environment.
- Possess an acute awareness of organizational cultures and political savvy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, MS Project, MS Office, and Excel.
- Experience with the DoD, ideally within the Military Health System and/or US Army Medical Command (MEDCOM), Knowledge of KM command structure, strategic planning, and business case analysis a plus.
- Certification in one or more of the following: PMP, CKM, ITIL or related certification.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
Covid-19 Workplace Safety Policy
SNG has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, SNG recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely-held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the SNG Human Resources department. SNG will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: