The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) companies are the business arm of the Seneca Nation of Indians. SNG consists of a parent company, Seneca Holdings, LLC, and several subsidiary small businesses. SNG is dedicated to providing high-quality professional services to our government and private sector clients.
SNG is looking for an IT (Help Desk) Problem Manager to join our team supporting a customer at the Washington Navy Yard. In this position, you will be responsible for providing customer support to distributed PC/networking environments including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for researching, tracking and finding resolutions for hardware, laptop, desktop, printer and peripheral problems.
- Provide status of problem resolution updates to the SSP (Strategic Systems Programs) CIO office.
- Responsible for researching Windows OS, CAC authentication issues as well as enterprise wide IT related issues.
- Maintain and ensure SSP’s knowledge base of problem resolutions are communicated with the service desk team, other onsite contractors and the SPCIO office.
- Responsible for management of problem investigations from start to finish by facilitating root cause investigations and managing the implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
- Drive efforts to improve overall application stability and availability for applications and supporting infrastructure by insuring problem resolution.
- Monitor metrics and drive continuous infrastructure and application improvement efforts across teams to achieve SSP CIO performance goals.
- Facilitate and coordinate technical problem review meetings to include leading and facilitating investigations of critical incidents and managing root cause analysis between technical teams.
- Work with process owners and stakeholders to re-engineer processes to be simple, nimble, repeatable, measurable, achievable and continuously improved.
- Suggest comprehensive metrics that can be actionable and promote positive behavioral changes; Interact with IT development, operations, IT quality and product management groups to obtain and exchange information.
- Proactively escalate problems and issues.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of IT systems support experience. (5 years of experience can be substituted for a degree).
- Must have demonstrated strength in managing customer expectations, task prioritization, and daily interface with customers.
IT Certification Requirements:
- CompTIA A+, Network+ or Security+
- Specific experience in Department of Defense environments.
- Experience supporting SIPRNet.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Able to handle multiple assignments under extreme time constraints and high stress conditions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills for working within a team environment.
- Must have strong work ethic, sense of urgency and a high energy level.
- Self-starter: bias for action, results oriented.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Computer skills with proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to work with a diversified work force.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.