|Title:||Administrative Support Specialist|
|Security Level:||Top Secret|
RavenTek Solutions is part of the Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies, which is focused on providing innovative solutions and exceptional services to the federal government. The SNG companies are Tribally-owned Native American businesses that leverage the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, Hubzone certifications and other small business contracting advantages to deliver positive results for our federal government customers.
The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.
RavenTek Solutions is looking to hire an Administrative Support Specialist to support the Near Eastern Affairs of the Department of State in Washington, DC. This position requires a Top Secret clearance.
Title: Executive Assistant/Administrative Support Specialist
Rate: GS 12-1 (Approximately)
Location: Washington, DC
Schedule: Full-time, M-F, 8:15 AM to 5:00 PM, with a 45-minute meal break
Clearance Level: Active Top Secret Clearance (DoD preferred)
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Under the direction of NEA/ARP’s Deputy Director, the Administrative Support Specialist performs the following functions:
- Receive visitors. Receive, schedule, and make proper disposition of telephone calls coming into the office.
- Maintain the schedule for the Director, arranging, referring to other officials, or rescheduling appointments as deemed necessary. Works with the Deputy Director to request preparation of background briefing materials in support of these calls.
- Make travel arrangements, including airline and hotel reservations. Organize passports, visas, and travel advances, as necessary. Complete eCC requests. Upon return, prepare and submit travel vouchers.
- Pre-clear and escort visitors, including senior foreign officials, to and from the office.
- Assist with scheduling meetings and making logistical arrangements for visiting U.S. officials.
- Arrange meetings, including by reserving meeting rooms, setting up telephone and video conferences, preparing tent cards, and facilitating catering.
- Arrange for the delivery and receipt of mail and supplies.
- Coordinate all in-office work by third parties.
- Attend office and bureau staff and other meetings as required by either the Director or Deputy Director.
Mail, Correspondence, and Reports:
- Review incoming correspondence and forwards it with necessary information or instructions to the appropriate officers for action. Compose replies as appropriate.
- Prepare visa letters for the seven Arabian Peninsula countries and respond to various visa requests. Coordinate with State Department and other agencies’ couriers to deliver and pick-up visa letters, applicants, and passport.
- Assist with formatting briefing papers and reports, ensuring that all conform to style and format guidelines established by the Department's Executive Secretariat.
- Assist with the preparation of employee evaluation reports (EERs) in e-performance.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Department computer systems and databases. Ensure that the office’s computer equipment is in working order.
- Implement special assignments which require a high degree of tact and diplomacy and comprehensive knowledge of the views of the Director or Deputy Director.
- Maintain office files and assist with the retiring of office files.
- Manage other tasks authorized by the Government Task Manager that fall within the scope of this task order.
- Prepare biweekly Time and Attendance reports, process all leave slips electronically, double checking for accuracy, and following up with personnel to ensure all items are submitted on time and correctly. Add all leave dates to the appropriate office-wide calendar.
- Maintain stocks of office supplies handle purchase orders, work orders, and repair orders for office equipment.
- Assist all personnel with the account, courtesy call, procurement and other tasks needed to complete all onboarding and departure requirements.
- Maintain office-wide electronic calendars and online and telephone conference lines.
- Maintain office-wide email distribution and phone contact lists.
- Maintain a tracking log of pending reports, procurements requests, and other tasks and follow up with appropriate action officers.
- Associate’s Degree and four years experience in an office management, administrative support, or executive assistant position or similar role.
- Knowledge of Department of State operations.
- Office management experience.
- Working knowledge of computers and general administrative practices.
- The work described herein is primarily sedentary, performed in an office setting. There are no unusual physical demands.
- Ability to solve problems and encourage consistent, solid performance.
- English language (written and spoken) communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, coordinate activities in multiple locations, act decisively in daily work, and work well in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently to assess priorities and manage daily coordination of details with minimal supervision
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Seneca Nation Group (SNG) family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Seneca Nation Group (SNG) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: