|Title:||Admin Support Specialist/Executive Assistant|
We currently have an opening on our team for an experienced Admin Support Specialist/Executive Assistant to support the Near Eastern Affairs of the Department of State.
Title: Admin Support Specialist/Executive Assistant
Rate: GS 8-7 (Approximately)
Location: Washington, DC
Schedule: Full-time, M-F, 8:15 AM to 5:00 PM, with a 45-minute meal break
Clearance Level: Active Secret Clearance (DoD preferred)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive visitors. Receive, schedule, and make proper disposition of telephone calls coming
into the office.
• Maintain the schedule for the Director, arranging, referring to other officials, or rescheduling
appointments as deemed necessary. Works with the Deputy Director to request preparation
of background briefing materials.
• Make travel arrangements, including airline and hotel reservations. Organize passports,
visas, and travel advances, as necessary. Complete eCC requests. Upon return, prepare and
submit travel vouchers.
• Pre-clear and escort visitors, including senior foreign officials, to and from the office.
• Assist with scheduling meetings and making logistical arrangements for visiting U.S. officials.
• Arrange meetings, including by reserving meeting rooms, setting up telephone and video
conferences, preparing tent cards, and facilitating catering.
Mail, Correspondence and Reports:
• Review incoming correspondence and forwards it with necessary information or instructions
to the appropriate officers for action. Compose replies as appropriate.
• Prepare visa letters for the seven Arabian Peninsula countries and respond to various visa requests.
Coordinate with State Department and other agencies’ couriers to deliver and pickup
visa letters, applicants, and passport.
• Assist with formatting briefing papers and reports, ensuring that all conform to style and
format guidelines established by the Department's Executive Secretariat.
• Assist with the preparation of employee evaluation reports (EERs) in e-performance.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Department computer systems and data-
bases. Ensure that the office’s computer equipment is in working order.
• Implement special assignments which require a high degree of tact and diplomacy and comprehensive
knowledge of the views of the Director or Deputy Director.
• Maintain office files and assist with the retiring of office files.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Arrange travel: Knowledge of E-2 solutions is desired.
• Knowledgeable of Visas/Visa letters.
• Extensive knowledge of Department of State.
• Working knowledge of personal computers and general administrative practices.
Raventek Solutions’ competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Raventek Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: