- Plan the English language contents of learning objects created for the Defense Language Institute's Global Language Online Support System (GLOSS) program according to provide style guide, copyright policy, and online publishing requirements.
- Work with professional staff to accomplish editing checks covering online academic material and consult with authors regarding changes in style, content, or organization.
- BS in Communications, Journalism, or English.
- At least five (5) years of paid experience successfully preparing, writing, rewriting, and editing materials to improve readability.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to collaborate with others successfully and provide objective and useful feedback
- Experience editing in different languages.
- Experience editing courseware.
- Understanding the courseware development lifecycle.
- Experience with online content management systems.
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.