|Title:||Senior DevOps Engineer|
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the guidance, development, maintenance, and integration of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines to support the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for applications within the USSOCOM’s cloud environment. This position requires extensive hands-on experience to provide leadership on structuring application changes into a release to meet operational needs, while limiting abrupt changes in a production systems environment.
This position requires US Citizenship with ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• Ensure technical solutions for business requirements meet delivery goals and objectives.
• Adhere to development schedules and ensure the delivered product meets the technical specifications and design requirements.
• Work seamlessly with architects and development team(s) in elaborating the solution and translating them into design artifacts, specifications that the development team can understand and execute.
• Help and guide team(s) to troubleshoot, when necessary.
• Define and manage resource requirements and allocations, monitor and improve quality, and ensure ‘best practice’ development techniques.
• Oversee the development framework, within a CI/CD environment, and lead the common definition and methodology of a release management framework for the enterprise, by collaborating with portfolio management, and other IT domain stakeholders, to drive consistency and predictability of every release deployment into production.
• Escalate issues, in a promptly manner, which affect product delivery and quality, that are beyond scope of influence, and report same to the team lead.
- Daily oversight and direction of the development team, driving towards the pipeline vision.
- Providing roadblock removal for technical issues as they arise.
- Build/maintain automated next gen CI/CD pipelines and associated processes partnering with all applicable departments (App Dev, QA, Ops, etc.)
- Standardize the use of Jira Dev tools for project management and CI/CD pipeline
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation for governance, policies and procedures to ensure standard use of the CI/CD pipeline across the enterprise
- Participates in full life cycle for acquisition and development of service capabilities and offerings
- Reviews development translation of requirements into agile development features and stories
- Prioritizes tasks inside agile development iterations
- Identifies guidance, standards, and constraints that are applicable to application, service, and API development to ensure smooth continuous integration
- Participates in design reviews, demonstrations, testing, and deployment
- Tracking and documenting bug resolution efforts and trends, while highlighting positive and negative trends for adjustment to future releases and the CI/CD pipeline
- Coordinating across software development groups to ensure teams understand their goals and are meeting them according to agreed metrics and policies of the CI/CD pipeline
- Identifying and documenting successes and challenges in release cycles to improve future processes
- This position requires US Citizenship with ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- 3-5 years of application development and configuration management experience with related experience in the CI/CD process and techniques
- Experience managing teams in a matrix organization with a portfolio of several projects.
- Experience mentoring on tools and techniques of Project Management and coaching direct reports.
- Experience leading and guiding a technical team in a fast-paced development environment, and provide resolution to challenges as they arise
- Experience with automation and configuration management systems such as Ansible, YAML, HCL, Chef, Puppet (IaC – Infrastructure as Code)
- Experience with system analysis and design or infrastructure design, deployment, and support
- Experience with Jira development tools and processes
- Experience with containerized applications; Containers/Dockers
- Experience designing, documenting, and implementing an API
- Experience with Cloud technologies or concepts (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack, IaaS, PaaS)
Recommended but not required Certifications:
- ITIL Intermediate Release, Control, and Validation
- Certified Jenkins Engineer
- DevOps Certification
Desired Additional Experience, not required:
- Experience with Kubernetes or a Kubernetes platform (OpenShift, EKS, GKE, etc)
- Experience with a hypervisor (RHEV, ESXi, etc)
- Experience managing projects that have team members that are not co-located.
- Preferred experience with Groovy
Recommended Technology Experience:
- Familiarization with Version Control Systems such as (but not limited to):
- Git, Perforce, TeamCity, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Familiarization with Remote Repositories such as (but not limited to):
- GitLab, GitHub, BitBucket
- Familiarity with Toolsets:
- Build Automation Tools:
- Jenkins/Hudson, Ansible, Helm, Cruise Control, GitLab Runners, Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Testing Tools
- JUnit, JTest, Arquillian, TestNG, pyTest, Jest, Selenium
- Security Tools:
- SonarQube, Fortify, Twistlock, Anchore
- Image & Artifacts Repos:
- Quay, Nexus, Amazon ECR
- Build Automation Tools:
- Familiarity with Codebase & Package Managers:
- Java: Maven
- Python: PIP
- Node.js: NPM
- .NET Core: NuGet
- PHP: Composer
- Build Tools:
- Apache Ant, Apache Maven, NAnt, MSBuild
- Related Technologies:
- Yum, docker, ruby, rpm, apt
Seneca Nation Group offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Seneca Nation Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti- discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.